Global Survey: Gender Equality
On International Women's Day, we release the results of a study conducted by WIN and Voices! in Argentina to understand the views of citizens in 34 countries around the world on gender equality, violence and sexual harassment.
Some findings of the study:
- The results show, on the one hand, slight advances globally and in Argentina in the perception of gender equality in different spheres: work, politics and home.
- Argentina is ranked 4th out of 34 countries, as one of those where there is a greater perception of gender equality in the field of politics.
- On the other hand, and despite these slight advances in equality, physical or psychological violence against women and sexual harassment continue to show high rates, especially in Latin American countries.
- Argentina and Chile share the second place in the ranking as countries where a higher percentage of women report having suffered some kind of physical or psychological violence in the last year.
- In the last year, the percentage of women in Argentina who report having suffered some form of violence has increased (from 30% in 2019 to 36% in 2020) and to a lesser extent the percentage of women who report having suffered sexual harassment (from 9% in 2019 to 11% in 2020).