Global Survey World Health Day
On World Health Day 2021, we publish data from a study conducted by WIN and Voices! in Argentina to understand the views of citizens from 34 countries around the world on their own health and habits/factors that impact their health.
Some findings from the study:
- 79% of the global population perceive themselves healthy, while 83% of Argentines do so.
- 64% of the global population acknowledged having slept well frequently. Meanwhile, 74% of Argentines reported sleeping well regularly.
- Nearly a third (31%) of the global population reported suffering from stress on a regular basis. Women report being more stressed than men (35% vs. 27% respectively). Argentina, similar with the global average (31% reportes experiencing stress regularly).
- Four out of 10 people globally report exercising regularly in 2020. In Argentina, the percentage is slightly lower with 33% reporting regular exercise.
- Globally, 17% of the population report smoking regularly, while 15% consume alcoholic beverages regularly. In the case of Argentina, 23% reported smoking, which is an increase from 2019 (18%), and 13% reported drinking alcohol regularly (vs. 9% in 2019).