Opinions and perceptions about Argentinian education
There is a general idea that currently students have little interest in learning.
The Social Research Centre (CIS) UADE - Voices! conducted a national public opinion study to assess the issue of education from the point of view of citizens.
Some findings of the study:
1-Perceptions about the educational system at a general level:
- For 4 out of 10 Argentinians, the education system has worsened in the last ten years.
- 4 out of 10 Argentinians consider that the education system does not adapt to the changes and demands of today's society. But at the same time they maintain that their children are better prepared than they are.
2- Visions on secondary level in Argentina:
- Almost 7 out of 10 Argentinians think that secondary school prepares students "little or nothing" for the world of work.
- As for the challenges to improve secondary education, the most mentioned was a better quality of teachers (30%) and a larger education budget (27%).
3- The university / higher level:
- Almost 7 out of 10 Argentinians indicate that university education contributes to successful labour market insertion.
- Regarding the importance of a university degree in the social imaginary, while 35% of Argentinians consider that the knowledge and skills that are specifically needed to develop a specific task are more important, another 34% understand that the most relevant thing is to have a university degree issued by a prestigious institution. Another 24% think both are equally important.