Overweight: Perception vs. Reality
7 out of 10 Americans rate their health positively
Regional study that emerges as an initiative of Voices! and its international network WIN that provides a look at overweight trends and attitudes towards healthy eating. Is there a food coach space for brands?
Some findings from the study:
- Health self-perception is more critical in North America than in Latin America.
- While the majority of American citizens want changes in their diet when it comes to action, only a few can make it.
- Physical exercise is not strongly installed in Latin America: only 4 out of 10 say they exercise regularly.
- Argentinians recognize their overweight problem and are predisposed to change.
- In Argentina the negative image of light products is one of the barriers to overcome for the realization of diet. Organic products are better positioned and generate a greater predisposition to purchase.